Rasika Duggal’s entry in ‘Mirzapur’ Story: One message had changed her whole life, said – I was afraid that the role might go away

Rasika Duggal gained a household name with her role as Beena Tripathi in “Mirzapur.” She revealed that she almost lost the role. Learn how a single message changed her life.

Rasika Duggal Mirzapur: The role of Beena Tripathi in the web series “Mirzapur” made Rasika Duggal a household name. Speaking to India Today, Rasika explained that the film “Manto” came at a time in her career when she was constantly facing rejection. She said, “The project that changed me the most was ‘Manto.’ Although ‘Mirzapur’ brought me to a wider audience and made people see me in a different light, ‘Manto’ pulled me out of a difficult phase I was stuck in.”

Rasika Duggal said, “I always wondered what would happen next.” Rasika Duggal explained, “There was a long gap between the films ‘Qissa’ and ‘Manto.’ During that time, I wasn’t getting much work and faced many rejections, which was a very difficult time. I often wondered what would happen next? Where would I go and which door would I knock on?”

A post shared by Rasika (@rasikadugal)


The offer for ‘Mirzapur’ almost slipped away

Rasika also revealed that she almost lost the role of Beena Tripathi, which could have changed her life. Rasika said, “I found out that Karan Anshuman was making a show. I thought if Karan wanted to cast me, he would call me personally. My friend said, just send him a message so he would remember me. I thought it might be a little awkward to message a friend asking for a role, but then I did.” This is how I got the role in ‘Mirzapur’

She further explained, “I got a response within a minute, saying, ‘Sure, let’s meet and discuss it.’ When I met him, he said he hadn’t called me because I was working with Nawazuddin Siddiqui in ‘Manto.’ He thought maybe I only wanted to work in films and wouldn’t want to do a streaming show. I said, ‘How can you think that?’ When I read the role, I was so happy. It was a completely different role for me. I was scared that they might change their mind mid-way. When I went to the office for readings, I was worried that they might think I wouldn’t be able to play the role. I was very nervous about whether I would be able to do it right.”

A post shared by Rasika (@rasikadugal)

Rasika Duggal will next be seen in “Mirzapur: The Movie.”

On the work front, Rasika Duggal will be seen in “Mirzapur: The Movie.” The film is scheduled to release in theaters on September 4th.

Read More: Aashram Season 4 Update: Preparations begin for Baba Nirala’s return, shooting will start from this month

The post Rasika Duggal’s entry in ‘Mirzapur’ Story: One message had changed her whole life, said – I was afraid that the role might go away first appeared on informalnewz.



from informalnewz https://ift.tt/KAhyWxz

Post a Comment

0 Comments